May 6, 2016

Final Week MTC

Iaorana!! 
Okay so I have a crazy story for you all. So a few weeks ago the mission president on my MTC portal changed to a mission president in Texas and I thought nothing of it. I thought it was just a glitch. It happened to Elder Crandall and me and another Elder in our zone, Elder Conley who's from Canada (his said a mission president in Halifax, Canada which is Eastern Canada). Anyway we were doing in field orientation yesterday which is an all day thing for departing missionaries. I really loved it. Well during in field yesterday Sœur Mitchell told me that she met someone who's missionary portal changed and that person received a temporary mission because of visa problems. So I start to freak out and Elder Conley and I decide to go to the travel office and ask them what's going on. After a few minutes a man walks out and tells me I've been assigned a temporary mission to the Texas McAllen mission and that Elder Conley's visa hasn't come through yet so he might have to go to Halifax for a transfer. Needless to say I'm freaking out in this moment and don't really know what to think. So Elder Conley and I go to lunch and tell our zone what's happened. Well the travel office guy told me that I would get new travel plans for Texas. So I check the mail and there's nothing. I decide to talk to the mail people and they say they don't have anything for me. I then decide to talk to the travel office again and he does some searching and finds an email that says that my visa came in yesterday and to tell Elder Conley that his visa came in 20 minutes prior to me showing up. So Elder Crandall and I run to try to find Elder Conley and we tell him he's going to France and he won't be delayed. All of this happened in a span of about 90 minutes too. What I have to say about that is that the Lord is looking out for us and sometimes things get crazy but if we keep a level head and have a positive attitude about our trial, we will be blessed and we'll be more grateful for what we have been given. So yeah that's it. Not going to Texas. I leave for Tahiti on Monday!!!

Love you all.
-Orometua Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment