Feb 13, 2017

Week 11 in Tefana

Ia ora na tatou!
Did you all know that Tefana means the bow?  
story for you all. So my comp is hurt right now. He's got a foot problem and can't really walk. So yesterday before church he called a member in our ward who does massages and asked him if he could give him a massage. So second hour rolls around church and we go take a room and this member starts pulling out this peppermint oil, monoï(oil that comes from the tiare tahiti (a very popular flower here) and coconut oil) anyway he starts just going at it and he takes 2 HOURS haha we ended up doing splits at church because i wanted to go to priesthood. I could see my comp the whole time because of the way the chapels are here. It's hard to explain but don't you worry. we were being obedient. But long story short, the massage did nothing haha. I'm seriously laughing right now because I love this country. It brings a smile to my face all the time.

That makes me think of the prophèt Gordon B. Hinckley, who's whole idea was just the importance of being positive and finding the joy. Things will always work out in the end. I live by that principle too. Keep hanging on, pray, read the scriptures, go to church, show our faith, and tout ira bien(all will go well) I love you all. Keep on keeping on. 

-Elder Christensen 

No comments:

Post a Comment