Nov 20, 2017

E mea hakata roa te Noela!!!

Christmas is soon!!)

Today in Carrefour(the biggest grocery store in French Polynesia) I heard piano guys christmas music haha. We were with other missionaries in the store and we were all dying haha. 

This week was really great. A lot happened. One of our investigators yelled at us saying he doesn't want to talk to us anymore because he doesn't believe in Joseph Smith. (this is all in tahitian btw and that makes it 500 times more intense) I just asked him calmly if he read the Book of Mormon and if he prayed about it). he said no he didn't read and yes he did pray and doesn't want to hear our false teachings anymore. I was sad but at the end he shook our hands and thanked us for what we had done. (that's not uncommon here) at the end of moments like that, you're likely to get a handshake or a mauruuru. I love these people. Even in anger they love the missionaries haha. 

On saturday we went to the temple(which is right next to our zone) with our Investigator John(this really old papi) and we walked around the temple and talked about the different things that are done inside. Really cool experience because my french companion talked and asked me to translate what he said for him into to tahitian because John doesn't understand the gospel in french. It was great. That same day one of our district leaders called us and said that him and his comp had fixed a baptism that morning for 2 o clock in the afternoon. It was 11 o clock when he called. So we sped back to the zone and I left my comp to do the interview and I took the district leader(Elder Jenkins) and we did a lesson with Gervais and the chapelle and after that we sped back to another chapelle for the baptism. It was crazy and a great experience. Super stressful but the spirit was strong that day. I love this Gospel!!!

Our investigator Liliokalani is getting married on Friday and baptized just after. Her boyfriend is an inactive(soon active) member and I love them so much:)


Spiritual thought
I just read 2 Néphi 24 in the Book of Mormon and it basically bashes on Satan and how much we shouldn't even give him the time of day haha and that after this life we will see him and be shocked at how much power he doesn't have compared to our Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ. Yes there are temptations in this life but everything is surmontable with our Savior. I love him and I'm learning to rely on him every day in order to overcome my weaknesses. It's a slow process but it's moving haha. I love you all!!

-Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment