Jun 20, 2016

Week 6


Hi everybody!!! 

So first some great news. My trainer is staying! I get to finish my training with him and I can't be more excited. 
Okay for those who have the time, I want you all to look up the island of Makemo on google or something. I have a friend who is getting transferred there with one of the assistants. the assisstant is finishing his mission out there and they're white washing that area. All those islands above Tahiti are called the Tuamotus. There are only ever two missionaries on there at one time. It's pretty crazy. This mission is just nuts:) and I love it. 

A few hours ago we dropped off Elder Zundel at the mission home. He leaves today to go back to Orem, Utah. He was a great friend and missionary. He will definitely be missed in our house.

We taught a lot of lessons this week but unfortunately in three weeks our ward will be split and we will lose almost all of our progressing investigators. That will be super hard for Elder Sovereign and me, but we will work hard all the same. 

A bird pooped on my shirt today in Carrefour which is the french equivalent of super target. That was lovely. It's interesting because there are a total of maybe three ceiling type window things in Carrefour and I happened to be under it when a bird wanted to do its business. It's strange how Satan works sometimes...haha

So during one of our lessons this week, our investigator pointed out that we get baptized the same way Jesus did. She had watched a film somewhere and saw that. It was a Catholic film too. Anyway she remarked that it makes sense to be baptized the same way he was. Needless to say she said she would get baptized but she's afraid her family won't accept her anymore because they are all catholic. 
But the point I'm trying to make is that Jesus was the perfect example and if we follow in his footsteps and always try to be like him and always remember him, we will be blessed in more ways than we can imagine. It's amazing how faithful these Tahitians are. It really humbles me each day. I love it here and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world. I love you all! 

-Elder Christensen





 

No comments:

Post a Comment