Jul 4, 2016

Week 8

Hey everybody!! 
Sorry I didn't write last week. there wasn't a lot to report and we didn't have a lot of time on the computers. 

Just want to start by saying that I have compassion for those who have had to learn another language and study 2 Nephi. Oh my goodness its so hard! And I'm only learning french. I can't imagine what it's like in a non latin language. Anyway I'm almost finished with second nephi in French and I'm very proud of myself:) haha.

I'm now the ward pianist. One of the Tahitian Mamis found out i was practicing the piano and asked me why I didn't tell her I played piaino and then decided that i will play piano from now on. None of the hymns are ever planned in advance. they pick them on the spot ususally and that's pretty hard haha. But at least I get to use my talents to serve those in our ward. 

So we've been teaching these two kids names Hinano and Uravini. They're brother and sister and its super fun to watch them haze each other. It reminds me of when I was their age with my brother:) haha anyway so I engaged them to baptism and they both said yes but not right now. However yesterday at church their mom said that Hinano is insisting that she get baptized and then her mom, Nelehia, said that she wants us to teach her family so that they can decided together to be baptized. She then proceeded to tell us how she wants an eternal family and In my mind I thought, "we can definitely help with that" we teach their family tomorrow and Elder Sovereign and I are so excited for that lesson. They were baptized Sanito. Its pretty common here. In the states I think they're called RLDS or community of Christ. Basically they believe in the Book of Mormon and prophets but they have a female prophet and women in their faith have the priesthood. It's really hard having to tell Sanitos that in our church only men have the priesthood because I don't want to make them upset. But what Elder Sovereign and I usually talk about is how men can't have children and that men and women have different responsibilities. Maybe we don't completely understand, but  there's a vers in the Book of Mormon. Its 2 Nephi 2:24 But behold, all things have been done in the wisdom of him who knoweth all things
we may not know all things, but everything is done in the wisdom of our Heavenly Father who definitely knows all things and If we put our trust in him, everything will turn out alright. 

Love you all! 
Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment