Aug 15, 2016

Week 14: There Was a Baptism


Hello everyone!!!

So this week was pretty cool. We taught 8 inactive lessons! That's
usually how it is here actually. Also most of the kids of this island
left for school in Makemo which is another island that's pretty close
to us. So now there are only about 80 people on the island. Mostly
adults and little kids that are still in elementary school. But yeah
that's pretty cool. I hope the subject of this week isn't misleading
too much. There was a baptism, yes, but it was at the catholic chapel
for a baby. We went because we were invited and we didn't want to be
rude and most of the island was at the baptism. The baby was very
cute.

Guess what? It's my sister's Birthday! Happy Birthday Erin!!! I love
you lots:) My sister is awesome.

We're still waiting on the boat for our bikes and suitcases which
might come tuesday. We're not completely sure though haha. It'll
probably get here this week. Elder Barfuss has been without his stuff
for 3 weeks. I can imagine that he can't wait for his stuff. In my
suitcase there are also 30 bags of popcorn that Elder Sovereign and I
put in so that Elder Barfuss and I can have something to look forward
too haha.

I've noticed lately that it's super easy to judge others, especially
when you know that they know what the right thing to do is, but the
only person who has the right to judge any of us is Heavenly Father.
No one here on earth is perfect, we all make mistakes and we can all
work on our weaknesses and that's okay to not be able to do everything
perfectly. Trust me I see every day a weakness that I have being a
missionary. The trick is finding that thing and focusing on improving
it, which is super hard, but I know If we ask our Father in Heaven for
help, he will help us. He is always there for us, all we have to do is
ask:)

So yeah that's about it.

Love you all!!!
-Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment