Aug 29, 2016

Week 16




First to answer your question Mom, yes my house is the one with the
circle stairs. (see below)


Ia ora na tatou!

So this week was a blast as usual. We started off the week last monday
by cutting our hair. I bought a machine while I was on Tahiti and now
we look pretty again. haha. The reason I'm late for this email is
because today we went in a boat to another tiny little motu which is
just a little island. Don't worry it's allowed I checked haha. We
didn't break any rules. But yeah we went there with our branch
president and his wife and they did some work while we just kinda
walked around. We saw a dead beached whale yay and an octopus too. It
was just absolutely gorgeous. I'm also now pink because of the sun.
Yay for being super white! At around 10:30 the branch president got
his mask, snorkel and spear gun and went fishing. He caught about 8
fish and we cooked them there. Seriously best fish I've ever eaten.
They just threw them in the fire and then peeled off the burnt skin
then we ate it on leaves with coconut milk as a drink. It was awesome!
This last week I started reading the Book of Mormon in Tahitian. (Te
Buka A Moromona). I read with a dictionary right next to me and right
down definitions of words right in the book. I think that will help so
much with learning Tahitian considering we teach in it...haha.
Also during one of our lessons this past week, at the end of the
lesson with the Tavana (mayor, he's a member too just inactive) he
told me my last name in Tahitian means Tane Tahu'a which means healer
man. I first heard it as Tane Toa with means store man but Elder
Barfuss helped me to realize what he actually said.
yesterday we gave a training to the branch after church. Only about 12
members showed up but that's okay because at least people were there
haha. It was about how they can help the missionaries with the work of
the Lord.

Okay last thought. I was reading in Alma 10 this week in the book of
mormon. I actually haven't read the book of mormon in english since I
started. It was so hard at first but now i can actually understand
what I'm reading which is so nice. Anyway it's when Amulek is
testifying of what Alma had just said to the people. After Amulek
spoke, it says the people were étonné which means surprised or amazed
because of the second testimony. I loved that because as missionaries
we testify all the time of the truthfulness of what our companions
say. I know that because we do that, the spirit can touch the hearts
of those we teach. So yeah that's it.
Love you all! Until next week

Love, Elder Christensen








No comments:

Post a Comment