Sep 19, 2016

Week 19

Ia ora na tatou!!

So things are going great here in Hikueru. I won't say a bunch this time. First off the members here talk about me and my companion. they say celui avec les lunettes, Il mange bien!! Mais le petit, Il ne mange pas beaucoup! Which means the one with the glasses. He eats well! But the little one, he doesn't eat a lot haha. So basically I'm known on the island for eating a lot. It's true. I eat a loooot. I gotta be careful. I'm getting kinda tubby haha. It's a good thing I do my sport each morning.  We found another inactive to teach. In Tahitian. we teach in Tahitian a lot now. It's super awesome. I'm so grateful for the gift of tongues. Without Heavenly Father, I would be nowhere. I also figured out that Elder Barfuss and I are the 5th and 6th missionries here since the '90s. I feel very privileged to be here. Last little thing. Our first counselor is super sick and his wife and their oldest son. We visited them last night and we gave them some medicine. The spirit really does direct this work. They said we were heaven sent when we showed up. I love when I get confirmations of promptings we follow. So for this week that's about it. I love this Gospel and I know it's true. Heavenly Father does love each and every one of us and he's always there for us too:)

Love you all
-Elder Christensen

photos:
Traditional six month mark "sock burning" 
Life on the island





No comments:

Post a Comment