Sep 26, 2016

Week 20? I'm so bad at this

Bonjour tout le monde!
This week was another great one in Hikueru. I'll start by saying what we did for pday last week. We went fishing with a fishing pole and just a little bit of fishing line. We were just on some rocks because the water was too deep but I threw the line in and within like 5 seconds, I caught a fish. It was awesome haha. I thought to myself, "this is going to be eeeeasy." it wasn't. That was the only fish we caught. This week was pretty rewarding because one of our inactives went and talked to our Branch President and he's fully repented. He said that they're going to advance him to Priest pretty soon. All that rests is his wife. She said when he fully comes back to church, she'll follow. I'll definitely pray for that. They're just awesome. We had an open house at the chapel saturday night and the whole island was invited. This place is so small...But there were lots of non members there. The presentation was given by our branch president's brother about the plan of salvation. It was really good. After we were able to fix a lesson with two non members for the next saturday. We're suuuuuper excited. It's been a while since I've done a first lesson with brand new people haha. It'll be like a breath of fresh air. Things are going great here. Elder Barfuss and I work hard out here. It's not always easy but we're here for a reason. The Lord needs us here and knowing that makes it that much more rewarding even when I feel down sometimes. I know that our Savior is always there to help us get back up when we fall. And that's the amazing message that I can share with these people. It's pretty lucky of me. 

Well that's about it for this week. Love you all!!

-Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment