Oct 10, 2016

Week: I don't know

Hello all!! Sooo huge news. We're closing this sector!!! We got a call last week from PrĂ©sident Bize and he told us that we're closing. We take the plane thursday. We have to clean the house completely and get everything ready to leave. It's pretty sad, but The Lord knows what's best for this island. We don't know yet where we're going for our next sector, but we are probably staying on Tahiti. We'll find out haha. I'll let you all know next week the news. 
But other than that, this week was great! I finished Alma in French and 2 Nephi in Tahitian. I'm pretty stoked about that. During our cleaning of the house this week, we had to completely clean the pipes where the sink was. Luckily I did that plenty of times in Bakersfield with my sink. It was actually pretty fun. I unscrewed everything and we just cleaned it all. It was pretty satisfying. Now it's all squeaky clean! Thanks Mom for making me fix the sink before the mission. Also we found lizards living in our water cooler. There were soooo many broken lizard eggs in there. So yeah that was cool. Also it's my Dad's birthday this week. The 13th. Early Birthday shout out to him:) 
But this week will be lots of preparing to go. We're pretty sad but excited to see what our next step in our mission is. I know that the members here will be just great. This sunday we found out that one of our inactives just completely stopped smoking. We invited her to follow the word of wisdom and she stopped just like that. She reads the scriptures when she wants to smoke and prays. We truly have so many tools in our lives that our Heavenly Father gives us to overcome our trials and tribulations. If we invoke him daily in prayer and feast upon the words of Christ, we will be blessed more than we can imagine. Love you all. Talk to you all in Tahiti!!!:D
~Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment