Nov 19, 2016

I'm Bad at Counting Weeks




SOOOOo
Awesome week. We started it off with a multi zone conference with the newest member of the 70 for the pacific area. (For those of you who have no clue what that is, he's a leader of our church specifically assigned to the pacific area with two other leaders. They visit here often and talk to the missionaries and the church leaders here in Tahiti.)
His name is Elder Cardon. He visited us and we had a big conference thing that lasted all day long. What he talked about was so awesome. Basically what I learned is that I need to be more bold when extending commitments. We teach a message that saves lives!! Why shouldn't I be bold? It was awesome.

Then the next day we went to the Temple. I took lots of pics outside and it was just an awesome morning. Something I really needed. I know that the Temple is the house of God. And I know that the work we do inside is truly necessary for those who didn't have a chance in this life to accept this gospel. 

I'll share two experiences of this week. 
1. We thought that one of our investigators Here(which means love) didn't go to church. We talked to him. It turns out he did but he came late and only ended up staying for the second our with the old papi's in Tahitian. He told us that He absolutely loved it and wants to go back. Things are looking up for him. We fixed his baptism for the 10 December.
2. We just started teaching this lady named Venise. Her sister is a member and she used to take the lessons a long time ago. As soon as we started the lesson right after the prayer, she just started to cry. She told us that she felt this heat in her chest. Basically we explained to her that it's the Holy Ghost testifying that what she's doing is the right thing. She's awesome.
also with her, during the lesson she told us that she just started her new job and that a week before when we passed by the first time, the minute we left(after we had fixed a lesson) she got a call that she got accepted for the new job. Basically miracles are flowing like sweat. (That's a lot because it's super hot here)

So yeah the mission is awesome. 
Just finished 3 nephi in French. 
Payed 14 dollars for mcdonalds. 
The dogs here only respond to tahitian when you tell them to sit. I said A parahi to Here's dog and he sat. I love that dog. He chassed chickens away from us. 

The Gospel is true. The Book of Mormon is true. I love it here. I love you all.
-Elder Christensen 





No comments:

Post a Comment