Apr 17, 2017

In the Islands Part 2: Bora Bora

Ia ora na from Bora Bora. 
First off. Happy Easter. I hope you all took some moments to think about the Saviour and his ministry and his sacrifice but most importantly his resurection. It's one of the greatest gifts that God has given us: his son. I know that he suffered and died for us, but most importantly, he was resurected for us and I know that he lives. 

Yes this place is beautiful. I'm still trying to soak it all in. 
SO this week was great. We saw about every investigator in the sector. We teach quite a few people and that's pretty good for the islands(any island other than Tahiti). We teach a kid named Dylan who wants to get baptized. his date is already set for the end of next month. he's just a great kid with a lot of knowledge. He actually lives not on the principal island of Bora Bora. He lives on one of the little islands surrounding Bora Bora(look at google maps, you'll know what I'm talking about) there are actually a lot of people who do that because they work for the hotels on those islands. I told my self when I showed up that we need a boat for the missionaries here in Bora haha. 

Also this week, Beyoncé was here. There are apparently a looooot of stars that come here because they're swimming in money and don't know what to do with it haha. 

The tahitian language is very strong here in Bora Bora so I'll be speaking Tahitian about as much as I speak French. I'm stoked. On the island there are 6 missionaries. 3 english speakers and 1 tahitian and 2 french. there is an english speaker in each companionship. It's pretty cool. the other english speakers were my old zone leaders. It's pretty cool to see them again. 

Our secteur is half the island, that's why we have the car. I drive a cute little white toyota avanza. It's manual and I don't think that it exists in America haha. 

Overall this place is just great. I love you all. I love the Savior and I love my mission.



-Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment