Jul 11, 2016

Week 9- I think

Hi everybody!! 

This week was nuts! I'll start by saying that the stake president payed for our groceries for probably about 3 weeks. We have too much food. It's awesome haha. We also were given 24 litres of milk. That's a lot of milk for 4 missionaries. So yeah he's awesome. As some of you may know, my Nikes and my companions were stolen from our house and I was actually going to buy some new ones today. But last week we saw the kid wearing my Nikes and started asking where he got them. He said he bought them for 9000 francs which is 90 dollars in America. We knew that was a lie because Nikes are extremely expensive here. We were going to just leave it alone but one of our amis found out about it and found the kid and took my shoes off his feet and gave them to me that night. Needless to say, she's awesome haha. We teach their family now and they all want to get baptized! We were already teaching their two kids.

We also had a baptism this week. HIs name is Xavier. I love him. He's this tiny Tahitian man who is an amazing artist. He drew the 2000 stripling warriors for me like Tahitian warriors. It was awesome. Anyway he asked my companion if he could hold him in the water for 4 or 5 seconds during his baptism. He's a silly man, but amazing all the same. 

Yesterday I almost had to eat fafaruu. They take fish and put it in a container and let is sit out in the sun for a few days. They then take that juice and put it on fresh raw fish. I don't get it at all. My comp is a good talker and distracted the members so I wouldn't have to eat it. I love him. 

Well that was my week. I love you all!! Thanks for you support and prayers. 

-Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment