Jul 17, 2017

July is hard for missionary work

Ia ora na tatou. 
So sorry last week for not sending a group email. I was just not feeling it to be honest. 

This week was great! Our investigator is doing great. teaching him is one of the hardest things I've done on the mission because he doesn't understand my tahitian which is real humbling...but that's okay because we don't do the lessons without our 2nd counsellor in the bishopric. Luckily for us his tahitian is crazy good. But anyway we talk to his wife a lot and she tells us that she's seeing so much change in him. All those that live near their house have been saying the same thing apparently. He's just great. His wife told us that he almost never smokes weed now which is a miracle. That plant is killer for missionaries in Tahiti. Unfortunately the ground is so fertile that you can literally plant marijuana wherever you want(pakalolo is the street word for weed or just "paka" as they would call it here. I'm pretty sure it's a hawaiian word). anyway. I was really shocked that he's smoking less because we haven't even mentioned that word of wisdom with him. He's such a great guy. 

we also teach a new family. A dad, mom and daughter and they're awesome. We invited them to be baptized and the mom said that she can't because she doesn't know yet, but she said that her and her family will keep reading so that they can know if it's true. We're going to do a family night with them and another family in the ward who live just next to them tonight. 

The Heiva is killing us as usual but we won't lose courage. 

Also President is coming with his wife on thursday and we're all super excited to meet him. He'll pretty much just be chilling with me and Elder Sylvestre in the car all day while we drive around Bora so he can meet the Bishops of the three wards. I've heard only awesome things about him. 

But yeah I'm doing well. It feels soooooo good to read english things and write to people in English. I'm also stoked to talk to another american when President gets here. But other than that. Life is good. 

I'm in Ether right now in the Book of Mormon in Tahitian and Ether is so awesome. I sorta love how the Lord totally chastises the brother of Jared for forgetting to invoke him in prayer. Makes me wonder how the Lord must feel when we forget him. Probably pretty sad. I know it's so important to talk to our Heavenly Father every day and if we do so, he can bless us. I know he loves us and wants us to be happy too. 

Love you all. 
-Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment