Jul 3, 2017

Une Semaine Merveilleuse

Ia ora na outou paato'a

Sooooo this was a great week! We were so busy. We had our last conference with Président Bize. We watched it by internet. That was real fun to watch Président Bize and Soeur Bize say goodbye and we didn't even get to really see them. But I took photos of the computer screen. But also our new Président arrived. Président Fox! We got our first email from him. I'm sure he's just overloaded with things to do. Poor Président. But hopefully i'll get to see him soon. Apparently he started learning tahitian with old missionnaries that served here before he left and at the end of his weekly letter, he said, "Presideni Fox" Président in tahitian. I was pretty stoked haha. Maybe we'll do interviews in tahitian too. But anyway i'm excited to work with him. 

This week we went and did a lesson with our DMP(ward mission leader) to teach one of our investigators. He's the dad of our new convert and he speaks only Tahitian and understands only Tahitian but he's handicapped and can't really enunciate in Tahitian either. Also we can talk with his wife who is a member in only french and he can be right next to us and he doesn't understand a thing. So needless to say, i'm grateful that I was sent to Hikueru. I'm also grateful for a DMP who speaks tahitian better than anyone on this island haha. But otherwise, our recent covert is doing great. He comes to church every Sunday with his family. 

I can't send pictures today unfortunately because it's not working on this computer but next week I will send stuff. 

Also Happy almost Fourth of July. I have the National Anthem on one of the CDs. Shout out to Haley and Mike for giving me all that patriotic music by Motab. I already warned my companion that I will be blasting that stuff tomorrow in the car haha. 

Also Happy late Canada Day. It was the First of July.  

This week I was reading in 3 Nephi in the tahitian Book of Mormon and I read 3 Nephi 27 which is one of the best chapters ever. I love how clear it is. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I invite you all to read it and ask God if it's true. I know that he will answer. 

Things are going great here in Bora Bora. I love you all!!

Have a great week 
-Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment