Sep 11, 2017

ua himene maua o to'u hoa misionare no te paroita no ahurai

Translation: my comp and i sang for the ward of Ahurai) I'll explain a little later. 

Ia ora na tatou. 

good week. We had mission leadership counsel with all the zone leaders and STL's of Tahiti and with Président Fox and his wife. I learned a lot. It was awesome!! 

Also we had a really fun faatamaaraa(dinner appointment) with a member. He forgets things a lot so we had to call him three times during the day to remind him. Right before we showed up we called him to remind him again and he had forgotten. We love him. He's kinda old and loves telling the best grandpa jokes ever. All in all, he's awesome. 


Part of our secteur is the university. We can't go there unless we have a lesson fixed. Well we had some and the students there are so awesome!! They speak such good french. Most middle aged poeple in this country don't speak french or tahitian very well and we can't use complicated words at all with them haha. But all in all it was a great lesson. All four of them said that they would read and pray. One of them is an inactif member from an island in the tuamotus next to the island of Rangiroa her island is Tikehau. There are no missionaires there.....yet haha.

We sang in a program for a ward in the Stake called Ahurai. It was a fireside type thing about missionary work. There are sisters in that ward and we sang the EFY medley and I played ukulele and sang How Can I Be with my comp and other members of that ward. It was lots of fun. I didn't think I could ever do anything like that but I guess on the mission we have lots of opportunities to change. 

Anyway. Being here is awesome. I love the mission. Our investigators are doing well. Pray for them please. They need all the support they can get! 

Love you all
Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment