Feb 19, 2018

E mea puai roa te varua maita'i

So this week was just great!!
We found 4 new investigators through contacting and it was really rewarding. One family even welcomed us in and we hadn't even explained who we were yet. That was pretty nice haha. 

Also this week our ward mission leader's son got baptized. His name is Manutea and he's just awesome. I love our ward mission leader's family. At the baptism his wife came and it was really just good to see her at the chapel again. After Manutea was baptized our Bishop's wife asked me and my comp to sing a duo as a prelude thing and we were both really shocked and kind of caught off guard so my excuse was not knowing the words in french. SO then she said, " c'est pas grave, chante en anglais alors." Which means, "that's okay, sing in english then" so i told myself that we are missionaries and are here to serve people and pretty much put ourselves in whatever situation whether we are at ease or not. So I sang, "I'm trying to be like Jesus" in English of course and I was singing at the pulpit and see our ward missionary leader and his wife crying. Normally I don't sing in situations like that but let me tell you -the Lord was with me for sure because I don't sing like that usually. So I said some prayers of thanks for allowing me to witness the spirit touching people.  
In any case the baptism was just a really spiritual experience. 

We also got to talk to the Young Men and Women about preparing for a mission which was fun. I love the youth of our ward.

I love this ward. I'm doing great. Keep praying for me. I love you all so much and look forward to seeing you!
Our ward mission leader and his three sons.
here is your typical tahitian neighbourhood


--
Elder Christensen




No comments:

Post a Comment