Feb 26, 2018

tei nia iho to te Fatu arofa mau ia tatou

(God's love/mercy is upon us)


This was a great week! I had my last Conseil de Dirigeants which is MLC in English I guess. It was great. I bore my testimony in front of everyone and it was weird to finally be in that position. Time flies mes chèrs frères et soeurs. 

I also got two calls this week from missionaries in my old area Tefana telling me that one of my old investiagtors wants to see me before I go. His name is Maico. He is truly a great guy. Super loving of the Bible and teaching him was great.

then later in the week I got another call saying that Maico's son is getting baptized and he wants me to baptize him the 10 of March. So I got permission from the assistants to go to Faa'a for my last saturday and go to the baptism and then go see people from my two sectors in Faa'a. I'm so stoked. Pure tender mercies. 

Everything is going well. I love our area. Our members and our investigators are just awesome. 

Tavai came to church and stayed all three hours. He had lots of things to share too. I seriously love him and his family so much. I lent him my english scriptures so that he could read the Joseph Smith translation because he was really curious. 


I read the 18 chapter of 1 Nephi this week in one of my studies and I really love the part where Nephi is released by his brothers after being attached to the boat and what's the first thing that he did? He prayed and did not murmur. Pretty impressive honestly. I think that we need to ask ourselves how often that happens to us. After afflictions or trials, even during trials. Do we murmur? I know I do. Do we thank God once they are over? I really love the example of Nephi and if only I could have that kind of patience and thankfulness(i don't know if that's a word). But I know that we can acquire those attributes of Christ through prayer and study and practice. 

Je vous aime tous!
-- 

Elder Christensen


No comments:

Post a Comment