Feb 12, 2018

ua fati roa te mori a faaafaro ai au i te reira

translation: the light broke while I was fixing it.

It's a great story. 

So this morning while cleaning the house, I decided to try to change the light bulbs in the fan because they were really dim. One ended up being fine but another was really tiny and we had bigger bulbs so I took it out and put the big one in. it worked but the cover was too small so I changed my mind and wanted to put the tiny one back. (Keep in mind i'm on a really sketchy ladder that's held up by a little pin thing. So I start to put the old bulb in and get shocked like I've never been shocked before haha. It went up my whole left arm and then I freaked out and the ladder collapsed from under me and I fell and hit the ground with the glass light cover and the light bulb. Cut myself a little but really little baby cuts so I'm good. Just got a little shaken up. I think to it now and it makes me chuckle honestly. Apparently I yelled pretty loud too. Anyway. I learned from this experience that we need to be careful when handling electrical equipement. But also that after this life, none of that will happen thank goodness thanks to the ressurection. No more pain, no more cuts, no more electricutions. That'll be a great day.


Anyway. This week was pretty great. I finished the Book of Mormon for the second time in Tahitian and I restarted it this last week. I love the Book of Mormon and all the new things that we learn reading it another time the book is true. It brings me such joy:)

I also decided to read the new testament in tahitian with english next to it because *cough cough* the tahitian translation is pretty bad *cough cough* But there are lots of great miracles that I want to be able to reference in tahitian because we're currently teaching a mami who speaks not a lick of french. She's the best. She read the Book of Mormon a little bit and didn't understand at first but the second chapter that she read, she started with a prayer and understood very well. prayer is essential!

Our other amis are doing well. I'm happy to be able to serve the Lord here in Temarua.
Love you all. Pray for me please:)
Elder Jordan and I before a lesson
                                   
our ward mission leader's daughter Hanalei. She speaks English a little bit and it's adorable.



No comments:

Post a Comment